Worth Motor Car Manufacturing Company

From KanWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
These five early Worth cars were photographed on East Court Street, Kankakee, in 1910 (Kankakee County Museum Photographic Collection, P2618)

The first automobile built in Kankakee, Illinois was built in 1909 by The Worth Motor Car Mfg. Co. This American Automobile had a production time of only two years, 1909 and 1910. The 1,400 pound Worth was made as a two or four passenger High Wheeler. The Worth was equipped with a 12 horsepower air cooled two cylinder engine mounted beneath the body. Power was delivered to the rear wheels by a friction drive transmission and double chain drive. The manufacturing company was started by William Worth but soon fell in to financial trouble. The International Motor Car Manufacturing Company also of Kankakee took over operation.

References

Personal tools
Namespaces

Variants
Actions
Navigation
Toolbox